The 2020 Undergraduate Scholarly Showcase was cancelled due to the stay-at-home order issued by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At the time of the cancellation, 445 students from 37 majors had registered to present projects; 100 UC personnel and 65 employer partners had registered to evaluate presentations. Although the students were unable to present their work in-person, they were encouraged to submit artifacts of their work (e.g., abstracts, posters, slide decks, essays) for publication in the Proceedings.
Within this issue readers will find a digital record of 178 projects produced by 300+ students representing arts, humanities, sciences, and technical disciplines. In addition to submitting projects, 119 students submitted nominations for their project advisors to be awarded for Excellence in Research Mentoring. It is my pleasure to recognize the following awardees:
- Michael Sharp, Experience-based Learning and Career Education Keshar Ghimire, Business and Economics, UCBA
- Julio Landero, Chemistry, A&S Joshua Benoit, Biology, A&S
- Guy-Lucian Whembolua, Psychology & Africana Studies, A&S
- Carolyn Smith, Nursing Armaghan Ziaee, Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies, A&S
- Andy Villemez, Keyboard Studies, CCM
Thank you all for your contributions to research and scholarship. I hope you enjoy the Proceedings.