Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
CALL FOR ARTICLES for VOLUME 34
Music Research Forum is currently accepting scholarly articles in the field of music from outstanding graduate students and young professionals for volume 34, planned for publication in Autumn 2020.
Articles will be considered in any area of music scholarship, including musicology, theory, composition, performance practice, ethnomusicology, music and culture, music education, electronic media, and criticism. This year, we are particularly interested in receiving submissions related to music and identity, including, but not limited to, scholarship showing connections between music and topics of gender and sexuality, disability, or underrepresented groups.
- Submission deadline: Friday, January 10, 2020
- Any questions? Contact: email@example.com
- Volume 34 Call for Articles PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1beRnO4hMsNNAU5u_7nw1Vam0jq8MFp4X/view
- The checklist itemized below relates to a submission, during an active Call for Papers. Please only submit when such a Call has been released.
- The submission has not previously been published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. If necessary, the author can provide an explanation in Comments to the Editor.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice document file format. Please do NOT submit a PDF.
- All materials, including footnote/endnote and resource list citations, conform to the style guidelines found in The Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition). If necessary, the author can provide an explanation in Comments to the Editor. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
Separate image, sound, and video files have been uploaded, even if the media appear embedded in the text. We accept the following media formats:
* image (.tiff, .pdf, .jpg)
* typeset music (.emf, .pdf, .svg, .eps)
* sound (preferably uncompressed audio: .wav, .aiff)
* video (.avi, .mp4, .flv)
- All copyright clearances are the responsibility of the Author.