Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Whereas Focus on German Studies is undertaking to publish the volume named above, of which the undersigned is Author of one or more parts, the Author hereby grants and assigns to Focus on German Studies (hereafter the Press) the entire literary property and all rights of whatsoever kind in the Work and every part thereof, throughout the world and agrees that the copyright may be taken and held in the name of the Press. The Author warrants that this Work is original and that he/she is the sole author and owner of the Work and has full power to make this grant. If the Work includes material protected by copyright, the Author will provide proof of permission to include that material.
- The Author and the Press mutually agree that publication of the Author’s work is contingent upon its acceptance for publication by the editor of the volume.
- The Author guarantees that none of the material included in his Work has been previously published, or, if it has been previously published in whole or in part, that an assignment of copyright in the name of Focus on German Studies has been obtained. Such assignment shall be submitted with the Author’s manuscript.
- The Press will edit the Work for style, usage, and felicity, in accordance with its usual practice. After the Work has been accepted through peer review, the Author, or the title page editor of the volume, as they shall agree between them, shall have an opportunity to read and correct the edited manuscript.
- The Author will receive no royalty or other monetary return from Focus on German Studies for the use of this Work.
- Focus on German Studies retains the copyright for published works; however, the Author may reprint the work provided that credit is given to FoGS as the initial source of publication.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.